Monday, February 16, 2009

Quick Updates 2/16

--- I haven't yet tried Burnout Paradise since the 1.6 update but finally the Legendary Cars DLC pack should be coming Thrusday for both the 360 and PS3. Still no word on a price point or I just missed it and need someone to fill me in.

For those who are unaware the Legendary Car pack will add the General Lee (Dukes of Hazzard), the Ecto-1 (Ghostbusters,) the DeLorean (Back to the Future) and KITT (Knight Rider) to your garages around Paradise City. Not only is this prehaps the coolest DLC ever but everyone knows Criterion has been extremly awesome with after market support with four or five (IIRC) free updates since the game hit stores in early 2007. And major updates at that.





Seeing as they've continued to be so cool to us I expect everyone with Burnout Paradise to buy all this DLC to give back to them. And if you haven't experienced Paradise, what the hell is wrong with you? The game's down for $20 on both platforms so you have no excuse. I bought it just after I got my 360 back in August and I put about 80-90 hours into it by the time Christmas rolled around. It's rocking.Check Spelling

--- Also awesome in the DLC newsphere is new content for The Maw, my game of the month for January, is scheduled for Wednesday. For 100 MS Points you'll get a new level entitled Brute Force. Hopefully it's a fairly long level but for 100 points, you can't go wrong.

--- Of course I need to do some sort of post about wrestling for Dave to actually read this so thank god the roster for Legends of Wrestlemania has been released. And can be found here via videogamesblogger. A couple of glaring omissions but licensing rights and such always causes problems as we saw with the Legends of Wrestling games a couple years ago. No Macho Man nor Ricky Steamboat are the most glaring. No Owen either....or Benoit but both are for good reasons. Tito and Harley Race also kind of make me sad. If you like tag teams you're kind of shit out of luck.

Here's to hoping that the list isn't final or DLC rectifies some of these problems. Who else are you guys hoping to see?

--- With Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Valkriya Chronicles already in hand and MGS4 already 'watched' online, what PS3 should I pick up next? Any suggestions?

No comments: